Cyr Electric, Inc.’s electricians are extremely versatile and talented. We have confidence that we can complete your industrial job with the utmost creativity and innovative engineering.
Our industrial electrical services include:
- Buck boost tranformers
- Machine wiring and power requirements
- Equipment power drops
- Machine trouble-shooting, testing and repair
- Office remodels
- 480 and 600 Volt applications
- Facility and maintenance contracts
- Distribution panels
- Single and three phase applications
- Phase Applications
- Phase converters
- Variable frequency drives
- Shop relocations
- Back-up generator installations
See the 10 mistakes to avoid when planning an expansion or relocation. We plan your new space’s electrical needs utilizing our years of experience to ensure your new space will fit tomorrow’s requirements.
You can trust Cyr Electric, Inc. with your:
- Intricate installations and reconnections
- New main electrical services
- Equipment power drops
- Data cabling
Depend on our team of dedicated professionals to:
- Create immediate efficiency on your new production or office floor
- Work within your schedule
- Provide you with the best service
- Recommend preventative maintenance issues to extend equipment life and reduce future downtime
Ten Mistakes to Avoid When Planning an Expansion/Relocation
- Hiring an electrical engineer to specify building power and machinery power requirements. A good electrical contractor can do that for you for free.
- Assuming you thought of everything. Relocations and expansions are complex projects. It’s almost impossible for you to anticipate all your electrical needs.
- Using an electrical contractor who specializes in new construction to hook up machinery. When moving to a new building or addition, you don’t have to use the electrical contractor who is building your new site. He specializes in new construction, not hooking up your machinery.
- Last minute planning. Main service panels over 400 Amps are a six to eight week lead-time for manufacturers. Buss duct is usually a six to eight week lead-time from manufacturers. We can help you locate used/refurbished buss duct, transformers and switch gear if you need it.
- Not knowing your existing power consumption. When determining power requirements for your new building, use the “demand reading” on your electrical bill to determine existing power requirements.
- Transforming your own voltage. Many times machinery operating voltage can be converted to avoid internal voltage transformation which can be costly and should be done by utilities.
- Assuming your new building will meet the town’s code requirements. When moving into an existing building, town occupancy requirements may require you to upgrade your emergency lighting and exit sign system to comply with your new floor plan.
- Not allowing for the utilities companies’ average response time. It can take National Grid 12 to 16 weeks to provide new service.
- Not budgeting for energy savings. If you are purchasing new space or a new building, or signing a lease that is five years or longer, budget energy-efficient lighting upgrades or retrofits into the plan.
- Not calling Cyr Electric, Inc. at (508) 755-1110 before your next move or expansion for a free estimate.